Parallel Thematic Session 2
Improving the Quality of Vocational Education to Foster Local Development Innovations
Date and Time:
15 October 2018 | 15.00 – 16.30
- Specialist, German Government/GIZ (tbd)
- Hamid Muhammad, Directorate General of Primary and Secondary Education, Ministry of Education and Culture, Indonesia
- Director General, Ministry of Education Myanmar (tbd)
- Director General of Ministry of Education, Kenya (tbd)
- Representative of Principles of national best practices vocational school.
Representative, GIZ (tbd)
In the era of fast-changing economy and disruptive technology, the needs for qualified vocational education are on the rise. A qualified vocational education system is an essential force to support the acceleration of economic development, including the development in rural areas. This session aims to introduce some breakthroughs in vocational education sector in Indonesia that leads to local development innovations created by vocational students.
• What are local solutions that can serve as inspiration to meet SDG 4 especially in the context of vocational education?
• What are the success stories of local development innovations that are promoted by vocational schools?
• What should be done to further enhance capturing and sharing of local education innovations to inspire national and international peers?